Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 228, 365 Day Project.

I went for a bike ride to my parents house today and on the way there following a familiar old path I saw a new sight. It seems that they have started a community garden behind the Brentwood Community Centre where one of the old ice rinks stood. So I decided to stop and look around for a bit. There were lots of vegetables but these sunflowers attracted my attention. Using my iPhone and Camera+pro with the anti-shake on a held the camera up and tried to brace against the wind. To my delight the camera froze the sunflowers at 1/2000 sec. at f2.8 according to the metadata. I guess because of the size of the lens there is a great amount of depth of field.

After I returned home I brought the images into Snapseed to make some adjustments. Below is a fairly accurate representation with only slight brightness, contrast and saturation adjustments. However I like the above image with some grunge added in and a border as well. Both stand well alone but it is nice to offer both.


No comments:

Post a Comment