Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 284, 365 Day Project

From my basic lighting class at SAIT this evening. The lovely Breanna graced us once again as a subject and today's topic was using gel's to colour the background. I gave my lecture and explained what we are doing and how it works then brought Breanna up for a couple of test shots before letting the students have the opportunity to photograph her. Now Breanna has been coming to my classes for some 8 years now as a subject and we work pretty intuitively together and I have plenty of wonderful images of her created over this time period as it is hard to take a bad photograph of her.

Any way I did my shots, showed the students and left it at that. When I got home and downloaded them I was happy with the look of this one and decided that it would be the image of the day.

Canon 7D, 24-70 f2.8 @ f 7.1 and 32mm, 100 ISO at 1/125 second. Alien Bee 800 with a 3' x 4' Larson soft box as the main and a reflector for fill. Red gel on Alien Bee 1600 head.

No comments:

Post a Comment