Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Off to a good start.

It is so nice when we feel like we have had a productive day.  I can honestly say that I feel that the month of September is off to a good start as I have managed to clean up a lot of lose ends and get started with some projects as well.  There were two things I wanted to do today.  One was to get rid of a lot of scrap metal items from around the house.  I found a gentlemen who hauled a truck load of items away for $20 which helped me out immensely.  I then was able to shift my focus to the Calgary Institute for Photography.  

I started this organization over 10 years ago when there were not many educational opportunities around.  I brought in some guest speakers and had a good initial start.  However I was not able to sustain it, especially as there became a boom in workshops, seminars and on-line offerings and so I had backed off the last few years.  Now I am starting a revamp of it and trying to get back to some of my original intentions.  One of the main ones is to be a source of information for events in Calgary and region.  So if you would like to check it out please visit http://cifpinsights.blogspot.ca or add your name to the mailing list by sending an e-mail to registration@cifp-online.com to receive notice of posts to the CIFP blog.

 Here are two photo's I created today for my photo a  day challenge.  Both were taken as I walked over to pick my boys up from school.  Using the iPhone I captured this feather in the field at the Dalhousie Community centre.  Every morning for the last week the fields have been filled with seagulls and today as I walked through I could not help but notice them.  This one caught my eye and I got down low to the ground to capture it amongst the grass.  I love the way the texture of the feather came trough.
While waiting for Cool to finish his shift with the school patrols I was taken by the line up of buses in front of the school. The enrollment has really risen since they turned it to a fine arts school and buses come from all over the North end of Calgary to bring students.

No comments:

Post a Comment