Sunday, July 13, 2014

Having fun with the GoPro.

I picked up a GoPro Hero 3+ a few months ago and have used it a few times for self-portraits.  Now the GoPro is a camera popular with the adventure set and I have not really had a chance to use it in any extreme way.  Today though I did use it in one of the ways it was intended and that is in the water.  The family wanted to go to the pool and we headed over to Vecova which has a nice pool.  Now before I took the camera out I cleared it with the staff as a lot of pools have rules regarding the use of cameras.  Fortunately the pool was almost empty as it was the last day of the Calgary Stampede and it was a hot day so I think a lot of others decided to go to the outdoor pools.
 
It took a bit but I was able to get a few good shots and a video.  The top image is part of my Sunday self-portrait series which reaches Number 28 today.  I made sure I had picked a part of the pool where the light was coming in from the windows and faced into the light.  I like the way my hair floats in this image.
I then tried some photo's by sinking to the bottom and having Cool snorkel above me.  Unfortunately on a lot of the images he was splashing around to much and there were to many bubbles in front of him.  This one though worked out nicely.
I also used it to take this fun family portrait as I pulled Cool, Luke and Lysa around the pool.
I shot this video of me swimming and it was a bit of a challenge to hold the camera ate the same time.  I tried to concentrate as I was doing the length to keep the camera facing me as I circled my arms.  I think it worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment