Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 145, 365 Day Project.



(Sung to the tune of Taxi by Harry Chapin)


It was raining hard in Calgary, I needed one more shot to make my night.

A tulip up ahead caught my eye, I got in real tight.


I think you'll do my tulip new, you look really nice covered by the rain.

It just sat there dripping, I knew I had my shot all the same.


It took a while as I adjusted my shutter speed, then I glanced to see if my f stop was right.

A smile came to my face slowly, as I clicked off a couple of frames.


I hope you don't mind my taking liberties with a classic song but it really fits well with the weather in Calgary lately. I was looking for a way to show it so I headed out into the front yard where our tulips are in bloom. Umbrella in one hand and the Canon 7D in the other I got down low to frame the tulip. I had predetermined that I wanted f2.8 on the 24-70 lens. Knowing I would be hand holding and in real tight I wanted to shoot at faster shutter speed to eliminate camera shake so I set it to 1/200 sec. To achieve this I had to set the ISO at 200, which was not bad as it was raining hard so thus very overcast. This also helped to bring out the richness of the color as this is exactly how the camera recorded it, no adjustments in photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment