Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 259, 365 Day Project

I had wanted to try this type of image for a long time after seeing something done similar by an old friend, Michael Depraida. He had created a series of plants against a dark background in Black & White that I published in the first issue of my short run (4 issues) photo magazine "FotoSynthesis" back in 1999. I loved the idea and knew I wanted to pay homage to him. My take is a little different as I have chosen to put the plant on a long light table I have and then let the back light illuminate the pedals and the leaves.

The above shot was done with the Canon 7D and the 10-22 f3.5-4.5 lens @ f4 and 13mm. Shutter speed was 1/50th sec at 400 ISO.

After creating the top image I then decided to come in tighter on the flowers themselves as the back light gave a beautiful look to the petals and I wanted to capture a more intimate view of the flower. For this I used the 24-70 f2.8 @ f4 and 24mm at 1/50 and 400 ISO.

No comments:

Post a Comment