Friday, January 6, 2012

I was out running a few errands today when I was passing through the garden centre at Walmart. It is always nice to see flowers especially when we are in the throws of winter (well yes it has been mild in Calgary but who knows how long that will last). This is one of the nice things about the iPhone, you can discretely snap a shot or two with out looking like to much of a strange person. So I shot a couple frames of the Orchids they had and continued on with my errands.

When I returned home I opened the image in Snapseed where I cropped it first into a square format. I have to make a conscious effort when I am shooting my image that I am going to do this step as the final result will be brought in to Instagram and posted as part of the #instagram366 project. As far as other post processing I just did a change in depth of field with the centre focus filter and then darkened a few bright spots that I thought were distracting with the Selective Adjust. I added the frame in PhotoToaster and then brought the final project in to Instagram where I left it as normal to post it earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment