Friday, February 4, 2011

Archive Image of the Day. Image #1


Inspired by my friend Ron Galella who has been posting images from his archive’s I have decided to dive in to my files and try and post a new image each day. Using the Epson V700 Photo scanner I will endeavor to go through my files and pick out something unique that I have shot. Hopefully you will enjoy the images I find and post.

Today's image was taken in the old Stampede Coral hockey arena in the Calgary Flames 1981/82 season. I was freelancing back then and shot the Flames periodically for a variety of publications. This image was shot on the old Ilford XP-1 film and rated at 3200 ISO due to the lack of light in the Coral. Not every game was televised back then so we didn't always have the extra lights on when we shot. Putting strobes in the rafters was also unheard of at the time. It was very different from today's age but was lot's of fun.

I am posting this image as the Los Angles Kings pay the current Flames a visit tomorrow evening and thought it would be a nice blast from the past. The Calgary players are Jim Peplinski who had 67 points that season and Reggie Lemelin who recorded 10 wins as the back up goaltender. That's Jerry Korab crashing the net being watched by Dean Hopkins of the Kings.

Image shot with the Canon F1 (new version) and 85 f1.2 lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment