Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 106, 365 Day Project.

When setting out on this challenge I know there would be day's when I had to dig deep down in order to get the shot. Today was looking like one of those days and I was scrambling as the night went on. As I was looking around I noticed that this plant that was in the corner of the basement had a bloom on it and decided it would be today's subject. Still I did not want a straight image, I had to be creative so I brought it in to the studio and decided to back light it using a 3 degree grid spot on my Alien Bee 800. The first shot I took gave me part of the effect I was looking to achieve but the pistil was to dark. To remedy this I added a small mirror on a stand with a magic arm and then bounced some of the light that was going past the flower back into it (see set up image below). I love the results and the detail that remained in the flower. Canon 7D, 24-70 f2.8 @ f16and focal length of 63mm, 1/125 sec., 100 ISO Set up image 12,800 ISO, f5 at 1/80 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment