Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 90, 365 Day Project.


Wow, Day 90 and three months complete. Still a long ways to go but I'm on the way.

With another blast of winter getting ready to hit us I wanted to try and turn my thoughts to Spring by photographing one of the silk flowers we have in our home. Taking one of my beakers from the darkroom I filled it with water and proceeded to dunk the flower in the water hoping to capture it with bubbles stuck to it's surface. Unfortunately few bubbles came up (perhaps because it was not real) but I liked the shot any way. The colors have a certain pop and the lines gave an interesting effect.

Canon 7D, 24-70 f2.8 @ f8, 1/125 sec at 100 ISO. Light source is one Balcar strobe head with small Chimera strip soft box to the side raised high enough to avoid reflection in the beaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment