Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 91, 365 Day Project.

Well the blast of winter I mentioned yesterday hit us and what was once dry is now covered in snow once again. I returned from teaching my classes at SAIT and after spending 45 minutes shovelling the driveway went inside and grabbed my camera. Venturing out into the backyard I looked around for today's subjects. I have this old wagon wheel that I use for western theme shots so I first decided to get down and photograph the fine details. I love the weathered wood with the fresh snow and the way the red of the shed makes it all jump. Canon 7D, 24-70 f2.8 @ f 8, 1/60th sec at 800 ISO. Focal length 30 mm, White balance on overcast.
I then turned around and saw this pine cone in the tree. I got down low so I could shoot up at it and adjust the the shutter speed to 1/250 as it was more in the open. Focal length was 70mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment