Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nature at extremes.

I was out the for a walk a few days ago and found this stalk of dried flowers that I thought might make for an interesting study.  Tonight I took these dead flowers and placed them in front of my soft box and began experimenting with a variety of techniques both with my Canon 7D and my iPhone.  I finally settled on this image from the iPhone using the Hipstamatic app with Americana Lens and Kodot XGrizzled film.  I then brought the file in to Snapseed where I converted it to B&W and tuned it.  I loved the way it gave beauty and elegance to a life once lived.
Earlier in the day as I returned home with Luke from school I looked at the sky and saw these wispy clouds. They showed the beauty in that part of life that we take for granted, air, wind and water.  These are part of the building blocks and the essence of life.
These two images are my tribute to this wonderful world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment