Wednesday, March 28, 2012

With this post I am up to date.

So with today's post I am now up to date with my Instagram 366 project posts. This was taken at Heritage Park at the entrance of Gasoline Alley. Again I used Snapseed as my editing tool to crop and enhance and then PhotoToaster for the vignette and frame. I enjoy the glow of the signs at the top of the pumps and it adds to the collection of classic gas pumps that I have started.

One of the things I have tried to do with this project is to take every day objects and make them stand out. This came up tonight during my class at SAIT when one of my students mentioned that she is now starting to look for impact in her photographs. This came about from my lecture on how we view photographs and that impact is the most important element. It is what keeps the viewer engaged with the photograph. Although I am not always successful with this I hope that most of my images do have the ability to stop the viewer and keep their interest. I look forward to sharing the rest of this project and am always interested in your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment