Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I'll still be me tomorrow.

So it is the end of another year and a new one will start tomorrow.  Many people make resolutions or plans tied to the change of the calendar, and though this is good I don't readily subscribe to this process. When I wake up tomorrow I will still be the same person whom I am today.  I will still have my family, the same hopes and dreams, the same struggles and fears.  No matter what I will continue to strive to improve and grow, to strive to take care of my loved ones and to share with my network of friends on the various social media sites I frequent.

I want to take a quick moment to thank all of those who have posted on these social media sites either publicly or privately with such kind words.  These were much appreciated and needed and helps keep things in perspective.

One thing that won't is my taking at least one photo a day.  With today's entry's I complete 3 years of a project started December 31, 2010.  Though there were days when it was a struggle and I came close to not getting an image I always found a subject to keep the ball rolling.

I shot both of these photo's with the Canon 7D and my 70-200mm lens.  I saw the horror frost on the trees out the front windows and waited for the clouds and light to hit just right for the shot.
I then trained my lens on a metal bowl in the living room that the sun was just hitting at the right angle to bring out the texture. I like the abstract look and pattern on the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment