Monday, June 3, 2013

Enjoying the extension tubes.

Last Christmas I purchased a set of extension tubes as a gift to myself from my boy's.  At the time I did not think that I would use them much but they have proven to be one of the favorite tools in my camera bag.  I find that they are an alternative to a macro lens but have the added advantage to use them on different focal length lenses although I do tend to use them mostly on my 24-70 f2.8 Canon lens.  There are 3 tubes of 12, 20 and 36 mm in length (I tend to use the 20 most often).

I have used them very regularly and did so again for today's photo's.  I called these flowerscapes as I came in tight on the Hibiscus flowers in our living room.  The sun was coming through them and allowed me to see the veins of the flower.  I looked for patterns in the way the petals flowed together to create an interesting composition.  After shooting the images I downloaded them to the computer and then brought them into the iPhone so I could work on them using the Snapseed app.  I de-saturated the files slightly, adjusted the contrast a touch and added the frame. I am very pleased with the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment