Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Archive Image of the Day. Image #14



This image was taken in December 2005 in Agra, India. Of course it is one of the most recognized and beautiful buildings in the world, The Taj Mahal. Lysa, Cool and I visited along with my Aunt Elsie and Lysa's cousin Ammu during our 6 week visit to her family who live in India.
I took a couple of cameras and this was taken with my Holga plastic camera. I have had fairly good results with this camera and don't seem to have the drastic light leaks that some of them are prone to.
Film stock though was unique as this is Kodachrome 64 which is actually a B&W film that they added the dyes into in the processing. When we returned home I processed it in Kodak D19 developer and then fixed the emulsion with an acid hardening fix.
I was pleasantly surprised of the sharpness and tonal range I achieved both from the camera and the film stock. I still have about 200 rolls of Kodachrome in my fridge and plan to do some more experimenting with it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment