Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 59, 365 Day Project


Well a new month and still going strong with the 365 day project. The one big challenge I have found is that since I work from home and other then on the nights I teach at SAIT, I really don't get out that much. So I am always looking for interesting things around the house and different ways to show the ordinary.
One of the biggest things I have wanted to portray is what -25C looks like as we have had to many days in 2011 at this temperature so far. Today I looked out the front window and even with a clear sky it is bitterly cold. We have a planter out front and it is currently surrounded by snow. I took an image with my iPod Touch and then applied a new app I downloaded last night. The app is called "Pictureshow" and it has a variety of options and tools you can apply to an image. In this case I added a border called "Instant" added some scratches which I felt gave the image an even more icy feel and then added a pinhole option. After doing all this I brought the image into photoshop where I lightened it up a bit for the feel I wanted. I think I accomplished what I set out to achieve which is to make a image the reflects the chill we are experiencing outside.
Hopefully it will warm up soon as it is March already.

No comments:

Post a Comment