Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 83, 365 Day Project.


Well we are still in the grip's of winter even though the calendar says it is spring. On my walk with Cool to school you could feel the humidity in the air and as we walked passed this chain link fence I saw these wonderful crystals forming. So after getting him to school I walked home and went inside and retrieved my camera. I crossed the street to the field and started looking at the patterns of ice crystals and fence. It was very overcast so there was very little contrast and the one thing I had to watch in composing was the background through the fence. I tried in this case of the top and second image to use the snow on the field as the background. These two images were shot at f8, 1/60 sec at 200 ISO with the Canon 7D and 24-70 f2.8 lens.


I then walked back to the house and noticed the wonderful ice crystals that had formed on the roses in the flower bed in front of our house. The wind had picked up a bit and the roses were swaying so I upped my ISO to 800 and my shutter speed to 1/250 and opened the aperture to f5.6. This allowed me to freeze the movement and also give a shallower depth of field to minimize the background. The last 5 images are from this series.





No comments:

Post a Comment