Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Out for a walk today.

As it was the first day of Spring today I decided to take a walk in Beaumont Nature Park along the Bow River here in Calgary. It was a little windy and still cool but it was nice to get out in the sun. I have attached three images from today's walk. The above is my Instagram 366 image for today. I loved the lines of the bars and the shadow it cast. I took a little time in composing this to get the shadows of the curve to fall right between the bars. After taking the image I did the cropping and enhancing in Snapseed ans was pleased with the result.


For this shot I was looking at the way the long prairie grass had been flattened by the winter's snow and like the way the cloud and the sky worked with the photo.



I find manhole covers interesting and got down low and tight on this one to catch the light as it skimmed across it's surface.



February 15, 2012. Here is the family in front of the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse with Cinderella's castle behind them.


February 14, 2012. At the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. I loved this giant dragoon fly and the light that was on it.



February 13, 2012. Santa Monica pier and the end of Route 66. Cool, like most boys, is a fan of the Cars movies and was happy to see this marker from the highway featured in the movie.



February 12, 2012. Maple Syrup bottles in a shop at YYC airport.



February 11, 2012. More lines and shadows, this time on our kitchen floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment