Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 308, 365 Day Project

We had a dusting of snow this morning as winter finally arrived today in Calgary. Looking out the front window I saw what was left of the Marigolds with little crowns of snow on them. I took the Canon 7D and the 24-70 f2.8 outside and focused on a lone flower to isolate it against a background of snow. This was shot at f10 and 70mm, 1/80 sec at 100 ISO. I then brought the image into Photoshop and just cropped it and cleaned it up a little. The next step was to upload the image to my iPhone so I could work on it in Snapseed. I have really become accustomed to this app and knew I could get the look I wanted. I added some grunge that cooled down the image and gave a frosted look to the scene. Then added a subtle frame to finish the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment