Tuesday, June 12, 2012

From iPhone to DSLR.

So I have again had a busy two days and thus am posting yesterday and today's photo's.  I have been using the iPhone a lot this year but there have been times I have used my Canon 7D.  This post has a little of both.

The first image is of a small flower in our backyard and was shot using the Hipstamatic app on the iPhone using the Helga Viking lens and BlackKeys B&W film.  Some how the combination of the colours of the plant, the shade it was in and the app created this negative look.  I guess it is one of those things that you can call a happy accident that gives a great result.  One of the interesting things about this image is that I shared it as usual as my Instagram 366 photo as well to Facebook, tadaa and Streamzoo.  One Facebook it obtained 6 likes, on Instagram 14 likes, Streamzoo 21 likes, and finally on tadaa it received 59 likes.  A real big difference especially when when I have more followers in a descending order as listed above.  The big difference was that a number of people reposted this shot thus giving it a small viral following.
In the evening I joined Rolando Gomez and some other photographers for a fun evening photo shot that combined low light and flash.  I helped the participants with some add direction and only managed to shoot a couple of frames using my iPhone and the flash that is built in to it.  Considering the tool it gave a good result with the flash illuminating the subject (although a bit of a flat light) and yet the sky came out nice and rich.  This was taken around 10#0 in the evening down at the Rundle Ruins on 12th ave SE in Calgary.
Today I did a little bit different for my Instagram 366 as I had been out shooting my boy's playing soccer this evening.  TO do so I brought out my Canon 7D with the 70 - 200 f2.8 lens.  This allowed me to catch the action from a bit of a distance away.  These two sots I liked a lot and so I decided to bring them from the computer back onto the iPhone where I finished the cropping and framing using Snapseed and then uploading them to my photo share sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment