Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8, 365 day project


So far there seems to be a theme of flowers runing through this project. It might be that being at home, indoors during these cold days of winter make me look for something accesible around the house. Now my wife has a lot of plants and a few of them seem to have flowers year round. Lysa is a minamalist when it comes to her plants, that means she waters them but leaves them to their own cycle of life. So as I was looking for something that interested me this dead flower that was amongst the new ones growing caught my eye. So I plucked it out and took it downstairs to my studio to shoot it. I decided for some side light to help bring out the texture and this time decided to use the 70 - 200 mm f2.8 lens as I wanted some drop off in the depth of field and knew that it was capable of focusing fairly close. Shot again with the Canon 40D @ f5.0 for 1/125 sec. @ 200 mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment