Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 61, 365 Day Project


Today was something a little different for me and I choose to use one of the old cameras from my collection. I have never been one for overly abstract images and have always found them a challenge for me to create. But I have been inspired by other photographer's who are doing them in their Image a Day project, in particular Jonathan Marks (you can find him on facebook). I have been following his 365 day project for a while now and am very impressed.
So inspired, I pulled out my old Polaroid SX-70 and was planning to use some of the "Impossible Project" ( http://www.the-impossible-project.com ) film in received recently but to my surprise I still had some original SX-70 film in the camera. I choose my subject matter, a vase of silk tulips that was in the window and started to shoot. Making adjustments and trying different things I went through the last 3 sheets in the camera and liked the results of this one.
After shooting and waiting for the image to process I put it in my Epson V700 scanner switched over for photo's and scanned the image. Made a few tiny adjustments in photoshop and cleaned up some of the spots and thus have today's image.

1 comment:

  1. Cool shot. Polaroid seems fun to play with, doesn't it? Darwin wiggett and Samantha Chrysanthou do film projects every Friday as well.

    ReplyDelete