Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 67, 365 Day Project


Cool created this interesting sculpture the other night using a fork, paper cup cone, tape; plastic tape core and playdough. I though he had been very creative and know I wanted to photograph it so he can have a record of it. So I took it down to the studio and since it looks like a lamp I knew exactly how I wanted to shot it.
I placed it on black muslin close to the edge of the table and then set my Canon 7D on a tripod, set it to bulb and placed the cable release on it. Using the 70-200 f2.8 I set the f-stop to f8 and zoomed in to 110mm from 1.4 meters away. Shutting of the lights I opened the shutter for 19 seconds and used a flashlight with a cine foil snoot fashioned around it for a narrow beam of light. I got down low and shone the flashlight up into the cone to give the feeling of a light bulb inside the sculpture. White balance was set to tungsten, but I added some warmth back to the image in photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. cool shot - love the explanation of your set up!
    -Kyla :)

    ReplyDelete