Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 134, 365 Day Project.

One thing I am learning in this project is to think ahead about how the final image will look. Ansel Adams called it previsualization, seeing the image before you even trip the shutter. With today's tools we have available to us we have to know even more what they can do and the final results. One of the tools I have grown to appreciate is the camera in the iPod touch and the "Pictureshow" app. It has quickly become one of my favorite tools as I learn what the different filters can do.

Over the last few days I have watched as the warm weather has brought the tulips up and have been waiting for the right moment to shoot them. Loving the colors and knowing that they are a product of Holland which is the home of the great painter Vincent VanGough I wanted to use an effect to give a painterly feel. I think i achieved that in this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment