Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 139, 365 Day Project.



We were out shopping the other day and I came across a small light panel in a dollar type store. The thing has 24 led lights and is battery powered. I figured it could have some uses so I picked one up for $3.


So tonight I took this light source and my watch and brought it in to the studio. Setting the camera up on a tripod and attaching the cable release I proceeded to try a few different shots. This was the one I liked. My Canon 7D was set for 1.6 seconds @ f22 on the 24-70 f2.8 at 100 ISO. White balance was set on auto. I then painted the watch with the light by first bringing it close and then backing it off as well as moving it slightly to stretch the reflection.


I'm looking forward to experimenting more with this small portable constant light source.

No comments:

Post a Comment