Friday, September 27, 2013

A productive week.

This past week has been a very eventful one for me.  Besides the two classes I teach at SAIT I also taught Monday morning at the Kerby Senior Center and Thursday morning at the Forest Lawn Senior center.  These are basic photography classes and due to the smaller groups I can work with them on areas that they want as questions arise.  It is a lot of fun and I enjoy sharing with the students.

I also will be doing some presentations for the Calgary Public Library on "Photographing Your Children".  The first is tomorrow, Saturday the 28th at the Signal Hill Branch.  Additional dates are Oct 15 at the Shawnessy Library, October 22 at the Thorn-Hill Library, and November 20 at the Crowfoot Library.  You can find registration at the Calgary Public Library web-site.

Here are some of the photo's I created over the past five days.

September 23.  One of the children had brought this feather into the rehearsal hall where Cool and Luke have their choir practices.  I liked the way it looked against the grain of the wood in the table they left it on.  Shot with the iPhone but with no post production work other then cropping and framing.
September 24.  While walking to school to big up my boys I passed this playground.  I liked the way the slide looked against the fall colours.  I added some grunge in Snapseed to give a softening effect.
That afternoon was parent watching day at the boys dance studio and I was able to get a couple shots of Luke during the session.  Here is one of my favorites.
September 25.  Cool attended my basic lighting class at SAIT and acted as one of the models. I had him bring his guitar as a prop and took this portrait of him at the end of the night.
September 26.  I took my wife over to visit a friend and found that they had an incredible garden still full of flowers.  I shot these photo's of the Dahlia's and was happy how the iPhone handled the colours as I have had problems with certain shades of pink and purple flowers in the past.
Before I left I noticed a wasp sitting on one of the daisies and the way it's shadow was being cast on the flower.  I was able to get fairly close in order to capture this image.
September 27.  Last week I had the good fortune to win an end table from www.gothamunlimited.com  I have been following them on Instagram and Facebook and saw that they had been running an online contest and decided to enter.  Tonight Sarah and John brought the piece over and I asked them to pose with it in my small studio.  It is an awesome piece of furniture and if you are looking for something unique and are into comics and other retro items I invite you to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment