Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 101, 365 Day Project.

They say that the best camera is the one you have with you. While this is true as you can't create an image if you don't have a camera handy, I fully believe you have to know the camera you have and use it within it's purpose. By this I mean you have to know the properties and limitations of the device and choose your subject matter accordingly. In so doing we can see great images from toy cameras, camera phones, compact cameras, DSLR and medium formats. Knowing what one suits your purpose is the key. I shot today's image while waiting for Cool at choir practice. The idea is to try to take the ordinary and make interesting. Of course I had a few strange looks of parents who were also waiting as I looked at the back of my iPod touch to get the composition that I liked of this water fountain. I then brought the image in to my favorite app "Pictureshow" and looked at a few of the variations. I am getting to know this particular app quite well so I can previsualize to a certain extent what my final result will be. These were the four that I think were the most interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment