Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 110, 365 Day Project.



One of the things that digital has given us is the ability to change the white balance based on what our light source is. In the days of film we had basically daylight balanced and a few tungsten balanced films. If we wanted to play or change the color temperature we had to use gels on light sources and/or filters on the camera. In the spirit of play and experimentation I wanted to see what the extreme would look like on my Canon 7D. Thus I set the white balance to 10,000 kelvin. My light source for this experiment was a compact fluorescent bulb behind a frosted cover. ISO was 1600, shutter speed of 1/25 @ f2.8 on the 24-70 f2.8 lens. I love the rich orange colour produced and am looking forward to experimenting with white balance in other lighting situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment