Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 96, 365 Day Project.

Well we finally have a clear night so I decided to see what the view from the back deck was like. Here I was able to see the Big Dipper just over the trees and so I thought I would try some astral photography. Setting up the Canon 7D on a tripod I set the shutter to "Bulb" and the f stop to 5.6 with the 24-70mm f2.8 lens at a focal length of 38mm. ISO was set at 400 and white balance on auto. The exposure here was 40 seconds and I am just noticing a bit of trailing starting. It was a little chilly out at -5C so I was not outside to long. However when the weather warms up this summer I think I might revisit the astral photography again. Next time I will try to go to a location farther from the city so as to have less light pollution to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment