Friday, November 9, 2012

iPhone macro photography.

One of the advantages of the iPhone is the small lens and tiny body of the phone.  This allows one to bring it into areas where a DSLR and the larger lens would be able to reach.  Although there are some focus issues, I have found it a remarkable tool for macro photography work.  Today I used it to get in close on an old computer circuit board.  With the camera only about an inch of the surface I was able to capture the city like layout of the board.  It was a little touchy to get the sharp focus with the biggest difficulty holding the phone itself steady.

After capturing the photo I opened the file in Snapseed where I used the tilt & shift feature to shorten the depth of field and the grunge filter to add a little more of a gritty look.  This is the photo of the day for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment